At Mountain View Adventist College, your child will have the opportunity to participate in several programs in the local community. Often life-changing, these experiences teach students how to inspire others into action through enthusiasm and a positive approach to life.
Activities may include classroom projects for various charities, visits to preschools, nursing homes and mission trips. Other opportunities include:
- Skill development
- Resilience program called Bounce Back where conflict resolution is explicitly taught (Junior School)
- Student representative, captaincy positions and a student council provide leadership opportunities.
- Events and functions where students learn organisational skills
- International and community development programs, including:
- StormCo focused on local community service (Middle School)
- International service trip (Year 11)
- Outdoor camps
- Worship leading in weekly assemblies
The student body in our school is made up from a diversity of backgrounds. We teach respect for other cultures and faiths, embracing every individual in our school community.